If you own a brick and mortar business these tips will enable you to know how targeted your visitors are. This information can help you to know how much web optimization is needed.
- Pick ten specific products or services from within your business.
- Do a Google search for those services. Be sure to include the name of the city your business resides in. For example:
- Thai Massage Tulsa
- Ford Mustang Convertible Rental Ontario Airport
- Concrete Countertops Atlanta
- Count all of the places that mention your business on that search page for each search.
- Once you do this, are your services listed in the order you would prefer?
Desirable results for a search like this would render at minimum a few mentions of their business. Generally these results include information on how to make contact or locate the business seamlessly. In some cases, businesses will have mentions in the form of reviews, yellow page listings and local announcements of some type. It is also typical, unfortunately, to find gossip, slander or just a few bad reviews on your business.
Most people, however, will find that their business is not mentioned once within any of the searches listed above. If you want to understand the full scope of what these searches can mean for your business then contact True Potential Media today for a consultation.