MYTHS of the BIBLE
David was just a boy, barely a teenager when he slew the giant Goliath, right? That’s what we all learned in Sunday school. Not true!
The Bible tells us to give our tithes to the church, right? Nope! Not in the Bible!
Myth’s of the Bible explores 189 myths of the Bible.
Church tradition plays a big part in many of the myths we carry with us today as Bible “truth.”
“The question I get asked most often is “What is the best Bible translation.” If you’re looking for a Bible with a Jewish perspective, then this is the one!” (about the One New Man Bible)
So glad to have this to go along with One New Man Bible. I have enjoyed learning the background information pertaining to Bible verses I have read for years.
What readers are saying:
Great companion for One New Man Bible. Gives great insight to meanings of Hebrew words.
This is definitely a great addition for my library. Allows the scriptures to interpret themselves without giving man’s interpretation. Leads to deeper study of the Sacred Scriptures.
About the book:
As you will discover in Myths of the Bible, modern Christians believe many, many biblical “truths” that were either never in the Bible’s original language or mistranslated from Latin and English manuscripts. Several passages in the Bible we read today were added centuries after the original scriptures were first written.
Do you remember the last lines of the Lord’s Prayer? “For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, For ever and ever. Amen.” (KJV) Jesus never taught those words. The Roman Catholic Church added them in the 5th Century AD!
Here is just a partial list of the 189 entries in Myths of the Bible
- Abraham in many Bibles is called a friend of God
- All the People of Judea were taken to Babylon
- Amen Means True or So Be It
- Ark of the Covenant
- Asher Would Dip His Foot in Oil
- Baptizing Them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
- Bible was written verse by verse
- Blessed are the Meek
- Blessed are the Poor in Spirit
- Blow the Trumpet in Zion
- Can Two Walk Together Unless They Agree
- David was barely a teenager when he fought Goliath
- Do Not Kill in Exodus 20:13
- Egyptian Famine Lasted Seven Years
- Every Word of an English Bible is God’s Word
- Everyone That Asketh Receiveth
- Everything That Has Breath Will Praise the LORD*
- Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom
- Filled with the Holy Spirit
- Fornication in Matthew 19:9
- Garden of Gethsemane
- Gideon’s Army had Trumpets
- God Hates Divorce
- He Inhabits the Praises of Israel
- High Priest’s Robe with the bells and pomegranates
- His Own Received Him Not
- Horses Were Hamstrung
- It is Finished
- Jacob Supplanted Esau
- James as a New Testament name
- Jehovah Nissi is The LORD My Banner
- Jehovah Rapha, The Lord is Your Healer
- John Leaned Back Against Y’shua
- Jot and Tittle
- Let God Arise
- Let not your heart be troubled
- Let My People Go!
- Little Lower than Angels
- Logos/Rhema Have Different Meanings
- The LORD* hates Robbery and Iniquity
- Lord’s Prayer
- Made Us Kings and Priests
- Mankind is Born With a Sin Nature
- Mansion in Heaven
- Mordecai Was Esther’s Uncle
- Name of Jesus
- Noah’s Ark
- One Accord on Pentecost
- Only Begotten Son of God
- Pain in Childbearing
- Pool of Bethesda
- Poor in Spirit
- Perfect Peace
- Precept upon Precept
- Receive the Holy Spirit
- Red Sea
- Sacrifice of Praise
- Sea of Galilee
- Spirit of Fear
- Study To Show Approval
- Ten Commandments
- Those Who Love Jerusalem will Prosper
- Tithe is paid to the Church
- We Are Kings and Priests
- Whatsoever Thou shalt Bind on Earth Shall Be Bound in Heaven
- Wise Men Visiting the Infant Y’shua
- With No Vision People Perish
- Without Form and Void
- Who Walk Not After the Flesh, but After the Spirit
- Woman Caught in Adultery
- Women in Ministry
- Wonderful Counselor
- Yoke is Easy
- Your Body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit!
- Your Soul Goes to Heaven When You Die
- Y’shua Was Being Crucified at the Same Time the Passover Lamb Was Being Killed
About the author
Rev. William J. Morford graduated from Hobart College in 1953 and was a member of the 1955 class of the University of Minnesota’s graduate school in hospital administration. Until 1989 Mr. Morford owned and operated a medical administration services company in South Carolina.
He was ordained in August 1988 by Christian International of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, served on staff as student advisor for Christian International School of Theology and is a Certified Instructor to teach Christian International’s series on the prophetic gifts.
From 1993 through 1999, Reverend Morford studied Hebrew under Rabbi Eliezer Ben-Yehuda, grandson of the Eliezer Ben-Yehuda whose lifetime work made Modern Hebrew the national language of Israel.
Reverend Morford and his wife, Gwen have traveled to Israel several times and expect their ministry to take them back for extended periods.
He is the editor of the popular One New Man Bible translation and the translator of The Power New Testament. He has written five books; God’s Rhythm of Life, This God We Serve, and One New Man Bible Companion Volumes I, II, III, and IV.
20% – 30% Off & free ebook with your purchase
Myths of the Bible
Rev. William J. Morford
Have you ever wondered if the Bible translation you read today carries the same words and meaning of books of the Bible that were written down for the first time, in their original language? Is the translation you’re reading accurate and faithful to the Bible’s original words and intent?