- Author: Chris Maxwell
- Pages: 369
- Trim Size: 7.4 x 5.2 x 1.2 inches
- Binding: Hardcover
- ISBN: 978-1-935769-65-1
- This book is for Moms. The stories inside invite mothers to hit pause. To rest a moment and notice the beauty in the now. To pause and hear, notice, see, observe. To be led beside still waters. To rest for a moment – for this moment.
From the Introduction: I’ve talked often about my mother. Though she died when I was nineteen, her stories have stayed alive. Carolyn Acker Maxwell was busy and able to accomplish many tasks, but she knew the joy of hitting pause. A multitasker before multitasking became common in today’s modern, hi-tech world, she refused to be controlled and obsessed by it. She chose to take time to appreciate the wonder of moments. Mama could laugh and listen, pray and cry, come to the table and enjoy events many people would ignore. She found value in what most of us view as holding little importance.
The flowers. The wind. The sun rising and setting. The rain. Asking us questions, while wanting to really hear our answers. Laughing with a joy coming from deep within. Seeing something, or someone, and refusing to rush by without appreciating that moment, that person, that life.
“Reading a book written by Chris Maxwell is like engaging in deep conversation with a good friend. You leave inspired. Pause for Moms is not a book to be read once and put aside. It deserves a place next to a favorite chair to re-read again and again.”
– Rebecca Shirey, Conference Speaker, Writer, Member of America’s National Prayer Committee
“God created us not just to work, but to rest, reflect and worship. Chris Maxwell has discovered the power of the pause…”
– J. Lee Grady, Author of Fearless Daughters of the Bible and 10 Lies the Church Tells Women
“There’s no question this is Chris Maxwell’s best book! I will personally be sharing this book with the lovely women in my life.”
– Dr. Doug Beacham, Presiding Bishop of the International Pentecostal Holiness Church